Aleppo Pepper Chicken from Turkey
Perfect for BBQ weekends, this Aleppo Pepper Chicken from Turkey is to die for!
- 3 tablespoons Aleppo Maras pepper
- 2 cups plain whole-milk Greek-style yogurt (16 ounces)
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon coarse kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 10-12 garlic cloves, flattened and skins removed
- 2 unpeeled lemons, sliced into thin rounds.
- 4 pounds skinless boneless chicken thighs
- In a large bowl combine the 3 tablespoons Aleppo pepper with 2 tablespoons warm water. Stir and let sit for 5 minutes for the water to be absorbed. (if using red pepper flakes and paprika, combine 4 teaspoons of each in the bowl with 4 tablespoons warm water)
- Add the next six ingredients to the bowl: Yogurt, oil, vinegar, tomato paste, salt, and pepper. Stir thoroughly to combine.
- Next mix in the garlic and lemon slices. Add the chicken and stir to fully combine all ingredients.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and chill for at least an hour (and up to a day)
- Preheat the barbecue to medium-high heat. Rub oil over the grates. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Grill the chicken about 6 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
- Serve with grilled lemons and garlic. Enjoy!
Click here to buy Aleppo Maras and other herbs and spices
Source: Panning the Globe
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.