Braised Carrots With Cumin and Aleppo Marash Spice
Craving for something? Binge this Braised Carrots With Cumin and Aleppo Marash Spice instead. It's so good at less the calories!
- 3 pounds medium carrots, peeled
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, sliced
- ½ teaspoon cumin seed, toasted and coarsely ground
- 2 teaspoons Aleppo Maras Pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika, smoked or unsmoked
- Cut the carrots lengthwise, or quarter them if you wish.
- Warm the olive oil in a large Dutch oven or heavy bottomed pot over medium heat. Add the carrots and turn them in the oil to coat. Season generously with salt. Add the garlic and 1 cup of water. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to a gentle simmer and cover the pan. Cook for about 10 minutes, until the carrots are just tender.
- Remove the lid, raise the heat, and let any remaining water cook away.
- Sprinkle the cumin, red pepper and paprika over the carrots and transfer them to an oven-proof serving dish. Serve hot or at room temperature. The carrots may be left at room temperature for 2 to 3 hours, or refrigerated and brought to room temperature, before reheating in a 400-degree oven for 10 minutes.
Click here to buy Aleppo Maras Pepper and other herbs and spices
Source: NY Times
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.