Turkish Style Poached Eggs with Herbed Greek Yogurt and Aleppo Pepper
Do your family a favor and serve this Turkish Style Poached Eggs with Herbed Greek Yogurt and Aleppo Pepper on Thanksgiving breakfast. It's effortlessly delicious and nutritious!
- 4 large fresh eggs
- 2 cups whole milk Greek yogurt
- 2 tbs green onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbs cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 1 tbs+ Aleppo Marash pepper blend
- 6 tbs unsalted butter
- white vinegar for breakfast
- kosher salt
- ground pepper
- Combine garlic, green onion, cilantro and Greek yogurt in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste and set aside
- Crack eggs into individual ramekins or measuring cups. Boil salted water in a saucepan. Reduce the heat to a light simmer, add vinegar and create a whirlpool by swirling the water with a spoon in one direction. Slide an egg into the middle of the saucepan and cook for 3 minutes. Remove the egg with a slotted spoon and place on a place with paper towels. Season with salt and pepper. Continue cooking the rest of the 3 eggs.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Add the Aleppo pepper and a generous pinch of salt.
- Divide the yogurt into four bowls. Place an egg on top and drizzle Aleppo butter over the top. Top with microgreens or chopped cilantro.
- Serve with toasted crusty bread.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.