Vietnamese Meatball Bún with Honey-Aleppo Nuoc Cham
Feast on a highly palatable Asian dish in this Vietnamese Meatball Bún with Honey-Aleppo Nuoc Cham recipe. Share with your family for a great dining experience!
For the Meatballs
- 1 lb ground beef or pork
- 3 T minced lemongrass
- 3 T basil, finely chopped
- 2 T fish sauce
- 2 T coconut sugar
- 1 T soy sauce
- 1 T sriracha
- 1 T sesame oil
- 3 cloves minced garlic
For the Nuoc Cham
- 3-4 bundles of bún (rice vermicelli) or any thin-to-medium rice noodle
- 1 english cucumber
- 1-2 medium carrots
- mung bean sprouts
- jalapeno, basil + cilantro
- Preheat broiler. Bring large pot of water to boil and cook noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, combine all meatball ingredients and shape into bite-sized meatballs (about 20). Arrange meatballs on a broiler pan or rimmed baking sheet and broil 5-7 mins, until cooked through and browned on top. Remove and allow to cool slightly.
- While meatballs cook and cool, whisk together nuoc cham ingredients and set aside. Halve cucumber and scrape out seeds, then slice into thin strips. Peel carrots, then continue to use peeler to pare carrots into long, narrow strips. Wash and dry herbs. Thinly slice jalapeno.
- Rinse cooked noodles under warm water to remove excess starch and drain briefly. Divide noodles among bowls; top with meatballs, carrots, bean sprouts, jalapenos and herbs. Just before serving, dress bowls with nuoc cham. Enjoy!
Click here to buy Aleppo Marash and other herbs and spices
Photo Credit to: Thepigandquill
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.