Baharat Beef with Zucchini
Enjoy the refreshingly flavorful treat of Baharat Beef with Zucchini this Christmas. Experience the tasty goodness that you will never get tired of sharing!
Serves 4 to 6
For the spices
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon.ground cardamom
- 1 - 3 teaspoons Baharat Spice
For the dish
- 1 large golden or red potato, peeled & chopped
- 3 teaspoons cooking oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onions
- 1 cup onions, in larger chunks
- 2 - 4 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger root
- 2 small zucchini (about 8 inches), chopped
- 1 lb. very lean ground beef (or other lean meat)
- 1 pint home-canned tomatoes or 1 14.-5 oz. can tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt (more or less to taste)
- 2 - 3 Tablespoons fresh chopped mint
- 2 - 3 Tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
- Mix together the spices (start with 1 teaspoon of Baharat--you can adjust later).
- In a small mixing bowl, toss the potatoes with 1 teaspoon of the cooking oil. Cover the bowl with a plate and microwave on high for 3 - 5 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile, heat the rest of the cooking oil in a saute pan over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until the onion is soft and translucent.
- Stir in the zucchini and spices and saute a few minutes more, until the spices are fragrant and the zucchini is crisp tender.
- Remove the veggies from the pan and add the ground beef. Cook and stir, chopping the meat into little bits with a spatula as it cooks.
- Once the beef is browned, add the veggies, tomatoes and salt. Cook and stir 10 - 15 minutes longer to get the flavors to mingle and reduce the juices from the tomatoes, the stir in the mint and cilantro at the end. Serve over quinoa, couscous or rice and garnish with additional mint and/or cilantro.
Click here to buy Baharat and other herbs and spices
Source: Sumptuous Spoonfuls
Photo Credit to: Sumptuous Spoonfuls
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.