Wake up your palate with a refreshing fusion of flavorful pops in this Baharat Spiced Summer Chickpea Salad. It's a quick & easy dish fit for your healthy diet!
Baharat Spice Salad Dressing
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ tsp Baharat Spice
- ½ tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
For the salad
- 200g cooked chickpeas (or a 400g, 14oz, chickpea tin drained and rinsed)
- 4 radishes chopped
- 6 cherry tomatoes quartered
- 1 red (bell) pepper deseeded and chopped
- A handful mint leaves chopped
- A handful coriander (cilantro) chopped
- First make the baharat sauce.
- Mix all the ingredients together except the cumin seeds.
- Heat a frying pan on medium heat and add in the cumin seeds and toast them until fragrant.
- Add in the baharat mix and stir for approximately 1 min and then remove from the heat and let cool. Try not to have a foodgasm at this moment as this smells soooooooo good.
- Now combine all the ingredients for the salad together and pour over the baharat sauce and mix till everything is coated in the sauce.
- Chill for a few hours so that the flavours really meld together.
- Stir again before serving.
Click here to buy Baharat and other herbs and spices
Source: Recipes from a Pantry
Photo Credit to: Recipes from a Pantry