Baharat-Spiced Tofu with Zucchini Hummus and Quinoa
Experience the rich flavorful taste of this Baharat-Spiced Tofu with Zucchini Hummus and Quinoa recipe. You'll definitely enjoy this Middle Eastern dish!
- 300 g firm tofu, sliced in half horizontally
- ⅓ cup red quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves and stems
- salt and black pepper
- 160 g (1 medium) zucchini, coarsely grated
- juice and finely grated rind of 1 lemon, plus extra wedges to serve
- 3 tsp tahini (or to taste)
- 1 small clove garlic, finely grated
- 2 tsp Baharat spice
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ bunch radishes, sliced
- 1 tomato, chopped
- Wrap the tofu in paper towel and place between two plates. Set aside until ready to cook to allow as much water to drain out as possible. Replace the paper towel after 5 minutes.
- Combine the quinoa, 200 ml water and a pinch of salt in a small saucepan and bring to the boil. Lower the heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove the lid and continue to cook for 3–5 minutes until tender. Drain any water that remains. Add the lemon rind, 1–2 tablespoons of lemon juice and the coriander leaves and stems. Season to taste and toss to combine. Cover and set aside.
- Meanwhile, for the zucchini hummus, use your hands to squeeze out as much liquid from the zucchini as possible. Transfer zucchini to the bowl of a small food processor with the tahini, garlic, 1 teaspoon of baharat and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Season to taste and process until smooth. Add enough lemon juice to balance the flavour, about 2–3 teaspoons.
- Dust the tofu with 1 teaspoon of baharat and rub well to coat both sides. Season to taste. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the tofu and cook for 5–6 minutes, turning once, until golden and crisp.
- Add the tomato and radish to the quinoa and divide between plates. Top with tofu and spoon over the zucchini hummus. Serve with lemon wedges.
Click here to buy Baharat and other herbs and spices
Photo Credit to: Sbs
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.