Include this refreshing and enticing Baharat Turkey Zucchini and Hazelnut Salad with Feta in your diet. It's rich, delicious & so healthy you just can't resist!
- 1 ½ lb (675 g) skinless/boneless turkey breast
- 3 Tbsp (45 mL) Baharat Spice
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) olive oil + extra for pan
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced with a vegetable peeler into ribbons
- ¼ cup (60 mL) roasted hazelnuts, rough chopped
- ¼ cup (60 mL) goat feta cheese, crumbled
- Fresh mint, to garnish
- Fresh ground pepper, to garnish
- ¼ cup (60 mL) olive oil
- ¼ cup (60 mL) loosely packed fresh mint
- Juice from ½ lemon
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) sea salt
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) fresh ground pepper
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until combined.
- Taste for lemon and salt and add more of either if desired.
- Will keep for two months in a sealed jar in the fridge.
- Make a paste with the Baharat and olive oil and rub the turkey breast down with it.
- Let marinate for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Preheat oven to 375oF (190oC).
- Drizzle a heavy skillet with a few Tbsp (45 mL) of olive oil and place over medium-high heat.
- When the oil is hot, add in the turkey breast and sear until golden brown on each side, about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Place in the oven to finish cooking, 12-15 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165oF (74oC). Let rest, tented with foil, until salad is prepared.
- Layer the zucchini ribbons in your serving bowls and top with your rough chopped toasted hazelnuts and crumbled feta.
- When the turkey has rested and cooled to the touch, slice thinly and serve like that or chopped into smaller bite-sized pieces.
- Garnish with fresh mint and ground pepper. Serve with the lemon-mint dressing on the side.
Click here to buy Baharat and other herbs and spices
Source: Canadian Turkey
Photo Credit to: Canadian Turkey