Chicken with Baharat Spices, Charred Squash Salad and Cilantro Oil
Feast on this flavor-packed Chicken with Baharat Spices, Charred Squash Salad and Cilantro Oil recipe these Holidays. It's a great combo of aroma & flavor!
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 4 Mint Sprigs
- 6 Cilantro Sprigs
- 2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 2 tsp. Baharat Spice
- 9 oz. Carrots
- 1 Zucchini
- 1 Yellow Squash
- 4 oz. Grape Tomatoes
- 1 Lemon
- ¼ tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
- Olive Oil
- 1 Baking Sheet
- 1 Small Bowl
- 1 Large Pan
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with foil. Thoroughly rinse produce and pat dry. Mince garlic. Stem and coarsely chop mint and cilantro (reserve a few mint leaves for garnish). Rinse chicken breasts, pat dry, and place on a plate. Season with baharat spice blend, half of garlic, half of mint, and 1 Tbsp. olive oil. Cover with plastic, allow to marinate at least 15 minutes, and wash hands. Trim ends off carrot, peel, and cut into ½” diagonal pieces. Cut zucchini and yellow squash into 1" dice. Halve grape tomatoes. Zest and halve lemon.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine minced cilantro with 2 Tbsp. olive oil and half of lemon zest. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper and set aside to let flavors marry.
- Heat 2 tsp. olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat and add marinated chicken. Cook until well-browned on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Remove to prepared baking sheet and finish cooking in oven for 10 minutes or until a minimum internal temperature of 165 degrees is reached. Remove from oven, wrap in foil, and set aside. Wipe out pan and return to heat.
- Heat 1 tsp. olive oil in pan used to cook chicken. Add carrot, zucchini, and yellow squash pieces. Allow to cook undisturbed for 3 minutes, or until lightly charred. The key to a quality sear is to not move the vegetables too soon. Stir and continue cooking 5 more minutes. Add red pepper flakes (to taste) and season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add tomatoes and remaining garlic to pan and cook 5 more minutes, stirring frequently, until zucchini and squash are tender and carrot is cooked through. Remove from heat and add remaining lemon zest and juice from half a lemon. Add remaining mint and season with a pinch of salt and pepper, if necessary.
- Place a bed of charred vegetables on a plate or in a shallow dish. Slice chicken (or serve whole, if desired) and place atop vegetables. Spoon cilantro oil over chicken, garnish with reserved mint leaves, and serve.
Click here to buy Baharat Spice Blend and other herbs and spices
Photo Credit to: Homechef
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.