Lemon and Baharat Roast Chicken
Treat your loved ones in this toothsome Lemon and Baharat Roast Chicken this Holiday. Feel the wonder of flavors burst into your mouth in every bite!
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 2 Tbsp Baharat Spice
- 2 Lemons
- 1 Whole chicken, split along the backbone
- ½ cup White wine
- 250 g Couscous
- 2 tsp Butter
- 300 ml Chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp Coriander, finely chopped
- 2 handfuls Silverbeet, or spinach or asian greens
- ½ Tbsp Butter
- ½ Tbsp Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200 C.
- Mix the oil and seasoning together in a bowl. Segment the lemons and squeeze the juice into the bowl. Put them aside.
- Rub the bird all over with the Baharat mix then lay in a roasting dish - skin side up. Tuck the lemon segments all around the chicken. Pour the wine around the bird. Sprinkle with salt and roast for 15 minutes per 500 g. Baste with juices occasionally.
- Put the couscous into a large bowl. Bring the stock to a simmer then pour over, add the butter and cover tightly with plastic wrap. Let steam for 5 minutes.
- Roughly chop the greens. Heat a frying pan and add the butter and olive oil. When melted, add the greens and let wilt while stirring occasionally.
- Serve the chicken with the couscous and the greens. Spoon the juices from the roasting pan over the chicken.
Click here to buy Baharat and other herbs and spices
Photo Credit to: Babiche Martens
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.