This Mediterranean Chicken and Olives with Baharat is another low-carb recipe that will surprise you with its nutritional stats and enticing flavors. The exotic melange of flavors is sure to make this dish the darling of the crowd!
- 3 medium chicken thighs
- 3 medium chicken drumsticks
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tsp Baharat Spice Blend (the key flavor, so don’t substitute)
- 4 Oz purple onion, sliced lengthwise
- 3 plum tomatoes, each cut into 4 wedges
- 24 medium black olives
- Dash each salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425º. Place olive oil, Baharat spice and minced garlic in a pan large enough to hold your chicken without any crowding. Stir it well. Take each piece of chicken and dip each side into the oil mixture. Rub or baste each piece all over well. Evenly space the pieces skin-side up in the pan. Cut the tomatoes into wedges and space them evenly around the chicken in the pan, trying not to cover the pieces of chicken. If covered, the juice from the tomato will inhibit browning of the skin.
- Next place the olives evenly around the chicken pieces. Lastly, separate the slivers of onion and spread them all around the chicken. Dip a basting brush into the olive oil mixture and baste the olives and vegetables with the oil (add more oil if needed). Lightly sprinkle with the salt and pepper. Pop into a preheated hot 425º oven and bake for about 1 hour, re-basting at 30 minutes cooking time to be sure the vegetables don’t dry out. I served this with buttered, steamed asparagus. It would also be good with a Greek salad.
Click here to buy Baharat spice blend and other herbs and spices
Source: Buttoni's Low-Carb Recipes
Photo Credit to: Buttoni's Low-Carb Recipes