This refreshing salad combines the tangy flavor of barberries with nutty quinoa, making it a perfect dish for a light lunch or a side dish for a dinner party. The quinoa provides a good source of protein, and the barberries give a nice crunch to the dish. Serve it with roasted vegetables or grilled chicken for a complete meal.
Serving: 4 | Calories: 220 | Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup barberries
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium-sized pot, bring the water to a boil. Add the quinoa and a pinch of salt, then reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for 15-20 minutes until tender.
- Drain the quinoa and let it cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cooled quinoa, barberries, parsley, mint, and scallions.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, honey, salt, and pepper. Pour the dressing over the quinoa salad and toss to combine.
- Serve the salad at room temperature or chilled.
- Roasted vegetables (such as carrots, cauliflower, or broccoli)
- Grilled chicken or fish
- Mixed greens salad