Shukto with Bengali Five Spice
If you think that eating something healthy always come with undesirable taste, well it's time to think again. Shukto with Bengali Five Spice is one of the traditional Bengali dishes that is a combination of vegetables and spices that gives you both mouth-watering and savory sensation.
- 5 tbsp mustard oil
- 1 tbsp Bengali Five (panch poron)
- 1 potato cut into long sliced
- 1 bitter gourd cut into long sliced
- 1 drumstick cut into long sliced
- 1/2 cup ridge gourd cubes
- 1/2 cup carrot small cubes
- 2 green chillies
- 1 tbsp ginger chopped
- 3 tbsp poppy seed paste
- 3 tbsp mustard paste
- 1 1/2 tbsp sugar
- salt to taste
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp fennel seed
- 1 tbsp ghee
- Take a wok,add oil,add panchforon in it.
- Now fry potato, bitter gourd, drumstick, ridge gourd and and carrot one by one and set them aside.
- Now add green chilli and chopped ginger in the oil and saute.
- Now add poppy seed paste and mustard paste in it and stir well, add the sugar and salt to taste and continue.
- Now add all the fried vegetables and stir well.
- Then add the milk and fennel seed and stir well for 5 mints.
- Now add ghee and switch off the flame.
Click here to buy Bengali Five Spice, and other herbs and spices
Source: Spice and Curry
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.