Experience a new way to enjoy your favorite cauliflower in this Cauliflower with Bengali five spice recipe. Discover the difference the five most aromatic and savory spice flavors of the Bengal region can make to this cauliflower dish.
- 1-2 tbsp oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Bengali Five spice (Panch Phoron)
- 1 small cauliflower, cut into small pieces
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 cup yogurt
- In a large pan, heat the oil until nearly smoking.
- Add the panch phoron and stir while it splutters.
- Add in the chopped onion and garlic and stir fry until golden.
- Add cauliflower. Stir for a few minutes.
- Add in the salt, sugar, turmeric, and yogurt and stir until the spices coat the cauliflower.
- Cover and cook over medium heat until tender (7-8 minutes)
Click here to buy Bengali Five Spice and other herbs and spices
Photo Credit to: Virtual Bangladesh