Bengali Shrimp and Cauliflower with Peas
Here's another easy and deliciously healthy weeknight dinner that you can polish off - Bengali Shrimp and Cauliflower with Peas! Just dig in!
- 1 T vegetable oil
- 1 t Bengali Five Spice (panch phoron)
- 1 T fresh ginger paste
- 2 large red onions, thinly sliced
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into small bite-sized florets
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped (mine were frozen so I peeled them)
- 1 10-oz bag frozen peas
- 1 t salt
- 1 lb medium shelled and de-veined shrimp (mine had the tails still attached)
- ½ cup sour cream
- chopped cilantro for garnish
- Heat the oil in a large heavy bottomed pot or skillet and add the Bengali Five spice (panch phoron). Wait for the spices to begin crackling. Add the ginger paste.
- Add the onions with a pinch of salt. Cook until lightly caramelized, stirring occasionally (add a splash of water if they start to stick or scorch).
- Stir in the cauliflower. Mix in the turmeric, tomatoes, and salt. Cover and cook the mixture on low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the cover, the the cauliflower should be crisp-tender by now. Stir in the shrimp and sour cream and bring the mixture to a simmer. Cook for about 3 minutes. Add the peas and toss. Cook until the dish is heated through and the shrimp are opaque, curled and pink.
- Stir in the cilantro and serve.
Click here to buy Bengali Five Spice and other herbs and spices
Source: Cook Eat Share
Photo Credit to: The Spiced Life
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.