Whole Spice Roasted Butternut Squash With Sage and Bengali Five
De-stress yourself with Whole Spice Roasted Butternut Squash With Sage and Bengali Five recipe to enjoy the holidays. It's effortlessly delicious and so quick and easy to prepare you'll have more time to socialize!
- 1 large butternut squash (about 2 pounds
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon Bengali Five Spice Blend (panch phoron)
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 15 fresh sage leaves
- Heat the oven to 375 F.
- Peel the squash, remove the seeds and cut the squash into 2-inch chunks.
- Heat the oil in a skillet. Add the Five Spice Blend and when it crackles, mix in the black pepper and ginger paste and mix well. Add the squash and stir well to coat.
- Place the seasoned squash on a greased baking sheet.
- Roast the squash in the oven for about 35 minutes. It should be soft and beginning to get flecks of golden brown at spots. Taste to check if it needs any salt.
- Heat the butter in a small skillet on low heat for about 2 to 3 minutes until it melts and gradually acquires a shade of pale gold. Add the sage leaves and cook until they turn dark and almost crisp.
- Pour over the squash and mix lightly.
- Serve on a flat plate to showcase the spices and sage.
Click here to buy Bengali Five and other herbs and spices
Source: Zester Daily
Photo Credit to: Rinku Bhattacharya
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.