Building closer ties with friends and families works best when done together with food. This Berbere Chicken Thighs with Apricot-Almond Couscous and Green Beans recipe from Home Chef will definitely delight everyone's tummy!
Serves 4 Prep Time: 25-35 minutes
- 16 oz. Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 2 oz. Dried Apricots
- 6 oz. Green Beans
- 1/2 cup Couscou
- 2 tbsp Berbere Spice
- 1 oz. Slivered Almonds
- 1 Tbsp. Chopped Ginger
- Olive oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Rinse chicken thighs and pat dry. Sprinkle both sides of chicken with berbere seasoning and ¼ tsp. salt. This seasoning can be spicy, so add to taste. Marinate chicken at least 10 minutes. Bring a small pot with 1 cup of water to a boil
- Mince garlic. Coarsely chop dried apricots. Trim ends off green beans.
- Add couscous and a generous pinch of salt and pepper to a small bowl. Pour ¾ cup boiling water into bowl and stir for 10 seconds. Add 1 tsp. olive oil and apricots. Cover bowl tightly with plastic wrap and set aside for 10 minutes. Uncover and use a fork to fluff couscous. Mix in almonds.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and add 2 tsp. olive oil to hot pan. Add chicken and cook 4-5 minutes, or until chicken is deeply caramelized. Flip chicken, cover, and cook another 3-4 minutes, or until chicken reaches a minimum internal temperature of 165 degrees. Remove chicken to a plate and let rest. No need to wipe pan clean.
- Return pan used for chicken to medium-high heat. Add green beans, garlic, and ginger. Stir to coat, add 3 Tbsp. water, and cover. Cook until green beans are tender, slightly firm, and bright green, about 3-4 minutes.
- Spoon couscous and lay green beans on a plate. Place chicken against couscous. Combine any accumulated juices from plate where chicken rested with juices from cooking beans. Spoon juices over chicken.
Click here to buy Berbere Spice and other herbs and spices
Source: Home Chef
Photo Credit to: Home Chef