Eritrean Spicy Beef Stew with Berbere Spice
Make your Holiday warmer with this Eritrean Spicy Beef Stew with Berbere Spice. It's easy, tasty and delectably delicious that's sure to impress your guests!
For the spiced butter
- 1/2 pat of unsalted butter
- 100ml water
- 2 small onions, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, shredded
- A pinch of Berbere Spice
For the Beef Stew
- 3 red onions finely sliced
- 100g of spiced butter
- 60g chilli paste
- 1 can of good quality chopped tomatoes
- 1Kg shin of beef
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large heavy based pan add half the spiced butter then add the onions and cook out until they are caramelised. Next add in the chilli paste and combine thoroughly with the onions and butter stirring occasionally and ensuring it doesn’t burn by adding a splash of water if needed. Cut the beef into bite-sized pieces and add it to the tomato, onion and chilli mix. Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes to half an hour. Add the remaining butter and stir it in thoroughly. Let it carry on bubbling for another 10 minutes or so. If you think your stew is too thick then let it down with a further splash of water. It is entirely personal choice. Serve with flat bread.
Click here to buy Berbere and other herbs and spices
Source: Lover of Creating Flavours
Photo Credit to: Lover of Creating Flavours
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.