Grab a big bite of this mouth-watering Spicy Lamb Flatbread Pizzas with Berbere Spice recipe. It's rich with nutrients and packed with bursting flavors.
- Olive oil spray
- 1 red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, halved, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 300g lean lamb mince
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon Berbere Spice
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons currants
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh continental parsley
- 80ml (1/3 cup) passata (tomato pasta sauce)
- 2 pieces wholemeal Lebanese bread
- 1 bunch rocket, trimmed, shredded
- 130g (1/2 cup) low-fat natural yoghurt
Preheat oven to 220°C. Heat 2 large baking trays in the oven for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Spray with olive oil spray. Add the onion and capsicum. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 4-5 minutes or until soft. Increase heat to high. Add the mince. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up any lumps, for 4-5 minutes or until the mince changes colour. Add the cumin, berbere and coriander. Cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes or until aromatic. Remove from heat. Stir in the currants and parsley.
Divide passata and mince mixture among bread. Place on the trays. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until bases are crisp.
Cut each pizza into quarters. Top with rocket and serve with the yoghurt.
Click here to buy Berbere and other herbs and spices
Photo Credit to: Mark O'Meara