Chile Lime Melon Salad
Have a Mexican inspired salad in this refreshingly beautiful rainbow-colored Chile Lime Melon Salad. Surprise your taste buds with the healthy & juicy goodness!
Serves 2 to 4
- 4 cups chopped or balled melon (from about 1 cantaloupe or honeydew, or 1/4 a large watermelon)
- Juice of half a lime, divided, plus more to taste
- Coarse salt, to taste
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon Chile Lime Spice
- 3 tablespoons crumbled cotija cheese
- 1 tablespoon toasted pepitas (I like the salty ones)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro, plus more to taste
- Place melon in a wide bowl or on a platter. Squeeze half lime juice over, adding second half to taste, then sprinkle with salt and chili powder. Scatter with cheese, pepitas and cilantro and dig in.
I’d expected this salad not to keep at all but we found it just fine (with no watery run-off) after 2 hours in the fridge. I wouldn’t keep it assembled too much longer, though. You don’t want the salt to draw the juices out of the fruit before you eat it, and it’s quick enough to put together at the last minute.
Click here to buy Chile Lime and other herbs and spices
Source: Smitten Kitchen
Photo Credit to: Smitten Kitchen
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.