Chinese Five Spiced Pineapple Pork
Allow this deliciously appetizing dish to satisfy your taste buds. Enjoy the amazing sweet and sour flavor combination of Chinese Five Spiced Pineapple Pork.
2 tsp vegetable oil
- 4 pork steak, trimmed of excess fat
- 2 tbsp light muscovado sugar
- 1 tsp tomato purée
- 432g can pineapple
- rings in juice, drained, but juice reserved
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp Chinese five spice powder
- coriander leaves, to serve
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
Add the oil to a large non-stick pan, season the steaks well, then fry for 5 mins on each side until golden and almost cooked through. Mix the sugar, soy, tomato purée and most of the pineapple juice in a bowl.
- Add the pineapple rings to the pan and let them caramelise a little alongside the pork. Add the chilli and five-spice to the pan, then fry for 1 min until aromatic. Tip in the soy mix and let it bubble around the pork and pineapple for a few mins until slightly reduced and sticky. Sprinkle with coriander, and serve with rice and Chinese greens.
Click here to buy Chinese Five Spice, and other herbs and spices
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.