Create this Chinese Five Spice Chocolate Cupcakes and make a certified chocoholic's dream come true. Add some layers of swirly icing on top & you're good to go!
Serves 12 cupcakes
- 1 cup oat milk (or soy milk)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup wholemeal plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarb soda
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon Chinese Five Spice
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
2. In a large bowl whisk together the oat milk, sugar, canola oil and vanilla extract.
3. Add the remaining ingredients and whisk until all combined.
4. Fill your cupcake baking tray with liners and fill them 3/4 full of batter.
5. Bake for 23 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
6. Allow to cool. To serve, dust with icing sugar or ice with a chocolate buttercream icing or a chocolate ganache - whatever you feel like!
Click here to buy Chinese Five Spice, and other herbs and spices
Photo Credit to: Gormandize