Grilled Five-Spice Chicken Thighs with Soy-Vinegar Sauce & Cilantro
If you're on a quest for a new and more flavorful way of making your grilled chicken, then you are just at the right place. Grilled Five-Spice Chicken Thighs with Soy-Vinegar Sauce & Cilantro is not your average grilled chicken recipe. Have a taste of the smoky, savory, sweet and mouth-watering perfection unlike any other!
Serves: 4 to 6
- 2 tablespoons Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoons Asian sesame oil
- ¼ teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 2-1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 8 large, 10 medium, or 12 small), trimmed of excess fat
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil; more for the grill
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Mix the five-spice powder, the 1 Tbs. sugar, the garlic powder, and the salt in a small bowl. In another bowl, mix the soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, red pepper flakes, and remaining 1 tsp. sugar.
- Put the chicken in a shallow pan, drizzle with the vegetable oil, and toss to coat evenly. Sprinkle the spice mixture over the chicken; toss and rub to coat thoroughly.
- Prepare a hot charcoal fire or heat a gas grill with all burners on medium high for 10 min. Clean the hot grate with a wire brush and then lubricate it with an oil-soaked paper towel. Put the chicken on the grate and grill (covered on a gas grill or uncovered over a charcoal fire) until one side has dark grill marks, 5 to 6 min. for large thighs or 4 to 5 min. for medium and small thighs. Turn and continue to grill until well marked on the other sides and cooked through, 5 to 6 min. longer for large thighs or 4 to 5 min. for medium and small thighs.
- Move the thighs to a serving dish. Drizzle with about half of the soy mixture, sprinkle with the cilantro, and toss to coat. Let rest 4 to 5 min., tossing once or twice. Serve hot, warm, or at room temperature, with the remaining soy mixture passed at the table.
Click here to buy Chinese Five Spice, Sesame Spice and other herbs and spices
Source: Three Many Cooks
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.