Fried Chinese Five-Spice Shrimp Salad with Black Beans and Avocados
Why not add a twist to your salad's flavorful and nutritious goodness with this Fried Chinese Five-Spice Shrimp Salad with Black Beans and Avocados recipe and see the difference.
- 2 cups canola or vegetable oil
- 6 cups lettuce (your choice)
- 1 can (15 to 16 ounces) black beans, drained
- 1 avocado, cut into medium dice
- ½ red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cup halved cherry or grape tomatoes, halved and lightly salted
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoon Chinese Five Spice
- 1 pound peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Heat oil in a large saucepan or Dutch oven over low heat while preparing salad
- Meanwhile, place lettuce in a large bowl. Add beans, avocado, onion, cherry tomatoes, and cilantro; set aside.
- Turn heat under pan of oil to medium-high and heat to 350 degrees. Mix flour and five-spice powder in a shallow pan. Lightly season shrimp with salt and pepper. Working in 3 to 4 batches, dredge shrimp in flour to evenly coat. Working in 2 batches to not overcrowd pan, add shrimp to hot oil and fry until light golden brown, just a couple of minutes. Drain.
- Add oil and a sprinkling of salt and pepper to salad; toss to coat. Add lime juice; toss to coat again. Taste and adjust seasonings. Place a portion of salad in each of 4 pasta plates; top with shrimp and serve.
Click here to buy Chinese Five Spice and other herbs and spices
Source: Three Many Cooks
Photo Credit to: Three Many Cooks
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.