Chinese 5-Spice Cookies
Who says we can't use spice with sweet treats? Chinese five-spice powder is a wonder ingredient, bringing its unique flavor to recipes both sweet and savory. Try out this Chinese 5-Spice Cookies to make an aromatic cookies!
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp. Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 pkg. (3.4 oz.) JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 Tbsp. water
- 1/4 tsp. almond extract
- 1/2 cup PLANTERS Sliced Almonds, toasted
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Combine flour, five-spice powder, baking soda and dry pudding mix. Beat butter and brown sugar in large bowl with mixer until light and fluffy. Blend in egg. Gradually add flour mixture, mixing well after each addition.
- Drop tablespoonfuls of dough, 2 inches apart, onto baking sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 min. or until edges of cookies are lightly browned. Cool 1 min. on baking sheets. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
- Whisk powdered sugar, water and extract until blended; brush onto cookies. Sprinkle with nuts.
Click here to buy Chinese Five Spice, and other herbs and spices
Source: Kraft Recipes
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.