This stress-free dietary Chicken with Vermicelli Noodles recipe surely packs a delightful punch of wonderful flavors that will make your taste buds sing.
- 250g packet bean thread vermicelli noodles
- 1 tablespoon rice bran oil
- 4 (550g) chicken thigh fillets, cut into 1cm cubes
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, finely grated
- 2 medium carrots, peeled, halved lengthways, sliced diagonally
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch asparagus, sliced diagonally
- 1/4 teaspoon Chinese Five Spice
- 1/2 cup plum sauce
- Fresh coriander leaves, to serve
- Place noodles in a large heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 3 minutes or until just tender. Drain.
- Heat a wok over high heat. Add oil. Swirl to coat. Add chicken. Stir-fry for 2 minutes or until just beginning to brown. Add garlic, ginger, carrot and capsicum. Stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add asparagus, spice powder, sauce and noodles. Stir-fry for 2 to minutes or until heated through. Season with pepper.
Click here to buy Chinese Five and other herbs and spices
Photo Credit to: Ben Dearnley