Chinese Five Spice Chicken Bites
Kids will definitely love the sweet and spicy flavor of this Chinese Five Spice Chicken Bites. It is also unprocessed which will make us feel more confident and secured knowing we are feeding them their nutrients!
- 2 1/2 pounds of boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 3 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 2 Tablespoons of Chinese Five Spice
- 2 teaspoons Ground Ginger
- 3 Tablespoons of Clear Honey
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Himalayan Pink Salt divided
- 1/2 teaspoon of Black Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of White Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- Preheat oven 375 degrees. Quarter each boneless chicken thigh into 4 cubes. Mix together in a small bowl the Chinese Five Spice Powder, Ground Ginger, 1 Teaspoon Salt, White Pepper and Black Pepper.
- Place Chicken Thigh cubes and powdered spice mixture into a gallon ziplock bag and shake until very well distributed. Get in there and massage with your hands if necessary.:-)
- Mix together the orange juice, lemon juice, honey, red pepper flakes, and the other 1/2 teaspoon salt in a small saucepan and bring to a boil, then simmer until reduced by half. Melt the coconut oil in a large oven safe skillet or fry pan. Add the chicken cubes in one layer (very important for browning, so make sure your pan is big enough).
- Brown for five minutes not touching, then flip the cubes and brown 5 more minutes. Pour the reduced sauce over the chicken cubes and transfer to the oven in the pan and bake for 5 minutes. Viola! Done! Pour the chicken and sauce into a serving dish and toss a couple times to coat with the sauce.
Click here to buy Chinese Five and other herbs and spices
Source: Sam Eats Her Nutrients
Photo Credit to: Sam Eats Her Nutrients
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.