Chinese Five Spice Chicken with Vegetable Stir-Fry
It's time to surprise your family with a fantastic meal in this Chinese Five Spice Chicken with Vegetable Stir-Fry. Not only it tastes great, it's healthy too!
- 1.5 lbs chicken breast, cut into even size cubes
- 1 tsp Chinese Five spice
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 large carrot
- 1 bunch baby broccoli (broccolini)
- 4 tsp olive oil, divided
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 3 tbsp soy sauce (tamari for GF, coconut aminos for Paleo)
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tbsp cornstarch (or arrowroot)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- Prepare chicken. Add chicken, five-spice and salt in a bowl. Using a spoon or your hands, combine to coat chicken with spices.
- Prepare veggies. Cut bell peppers in stripes, then cut these stripes in half. Make carrot ribbons using a vegetable peeler and cut broccolini in smaller florets.
- Prepare sauce. In a medium bowl, whisk together sauce ingredients.
- Once everything is ready, heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over high heat. When oil is hot, add chicken and cook for 5-6 minutes or until chicken is almost cooked. Remove from skillet.
- Add another 2 teaspoons of olive oil. Add veggies and stir fry for about 2 minutes. They should be crispy, pay attention not to overcook them.
- Put chicken back to the skillet and pour sauce. Cook for 1 minute, stirring.
- Serve immediately with jasmine rice** and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Click here to buy Chinese Five and other herbs and spices
Photo Credit to: Notenoughcinnamon
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.