Chinese Five Spice Noodle
Experience a healthy twist to your favorite noodle dish in this Chinese Five Spice Noodle recipe. Enjoy the combination of natural flavors in every bite!
- 1 package soba noodles
- 3 to 4 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons chili garlic paste
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Chinese Five Spice
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 3 carrots, shredded or julienned
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups shredded savoy cabbage
- ¾ cup vegetable stock
- ½ cup chopped scallions
- Cook the noodles according to package directions. Toss the cooked and drained noodles in 1 to 2 tablespoons canola oil to prevent from sticking together. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the soy sauce, sesame oil, chili paste and Chinese five-spice powder. Set aside.
- Place a large wok or sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons canola oil, garlic and ginger. Sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the soy sauce mixture, carrots, broccoli, cabbage and vegetable stock. Cook for 5 minutes or until the carrots and broccoli begin to soften.
- Add the scallions and cooked noodles; toss well to coat with sauce. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Click here to buy Chinese Five and other herbs and spices
Source: Food & Nutrition
Photo Credit to: Food & Nutrition
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.