Chinese Five Spice on Ice
Make this Chinese Five Spice on Ice and feel the deeply spiced drink pique your taste buds. The intricate flavors of this spiced rum is sure to complete your Thanksgiving celebration!
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon Chinese Five Spice
- 3 dashes bitters, such as Angostura
- 1 whole kumquat (or 2-inch orange rind)
- 2 ounces spiced rum, such as Sailor Jerry or Captain Morgan Original Spiced
- Splash fernet
- Mix 1 cup water with the sugar and 5-spice blend. Heat until dissolved. Strain and let cool.
- In a lowball glass, pour 1 tablespoon 5-spice simple syrup and the bitters and muddle a kumquat into that action. Add ice, rum and a splash of fernet. Stir in the glass for 20 to 30 seconds, until well-chilled. Sip, then cheer the funk up.
Click here to buy Chinese Five and other herbs and spices
Source: Cooking Channel
Photo Credit to: Kelsey Vala
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.