Chinese Five-Spice Spicy Beef Lettuce Wraps
Excite your food palates with this very tempting Chinese Five-Spice Spicy Beef Lettuce Wraps recipe. Savor the wonderful combination of flavors in each bite.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon thai chili paste (sambal oelek)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Chinese five-spice
- 1 bunch green onion, white parts chopped green parts cut on bias in 1/4-inch lengths (divided)
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 jalapeno chile, seeded, deveined and minced
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch, mixed with
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 2 heads bibb lettuce or 2 heads butter lettuce
- Spray large, heavy skillet with nonstick cooking spray. In skillet set over medium-high heat, brown ground beef; drain if necessary.
- Add garlic, sherry, soy sauce, sesame oil, chili paste, five-spice powder, white part of green onions, water chestnuts and minced chile. Turn down heat and simmer about 10 minutes.
- Add cornstarch-water mixture to beef mixture and stir until it thickens slightly. Add green part of green onions and cook just until heated through (onion tops will lose their bright green color if cooked too long).
- Separate lettuce leaves, wash and pat dry. Arrange lettuce cups on platter and serve alongside beef mixture.
- Serve with Sweet Soy Dipping Sauce (#144178) A must-have for the lettuce wraps!
Click here to buy Chinese Five-Spice and other herbs and spices
Photo Credit to: Mightyro_cooking4u
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.