Festive Golden Chinese Five-Spice Chicken
If you're looking for a spice that gives warm and aromatic flavor that adults and children will always love, you need not go farther. You'll never go wrong with this Festive Golden Chinese Five Spice Chicken recipe!
- 8 chicken thigh and 8 drumsticks, skin on
- 3 spring onion, shredded, to finish
- For the marinade
- 4 tbsp groundnut oil
- 6 garlic clove, finely chopped
- finger-length piece fresh root ginger, grated
- 4 tbsp Shaohsing rice wine or dry sherry
- 4 tbsp light soy sauce
- 4 tbsp clear honey
- 4 tsp Chinese Five spice
- Whisk together the marinade ingredients, put the chicken into a dish, then pour over the marinade, mixing to coat. Cover, then chill for at least 20 mins, or up to a day if you have time.
- Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4, and lift the chicken out of the marinade into a roasting tin. Roast for 40 mins, pour over the remaining marinade, then cook for a further 30 mins until golden and sticky. Sprinkle with the spring onion, then serve.
Click here to buy Chinese Five spice and other herbs and spices
Source: Ching-He Huang
Photo Credit to: bbcgoodfood
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.