Good food always brings good conversation. With this Grilled Flank Steak with Five-Spice Rub & Sesame-Soy Sauce recipe, everyone will definitely love it!Serves 3-4
- 1 flank steak, about 24 oz.
- 1 Tbs. vegetable oil
- Coarse salt
- Chinese Five Spice
- Sesame-Soy Sauce
- Just before lighting the fire, rub the steak with the Five-Spice Rub, if using, about 1 Tbs. per side.
- When the fire is hot (you'll be able to hold your hand just above the grate for 1 second), drizzle both sides of the flank steak with the vegetable oil and sprinkle lightly with salt. Grill the steak for 8 minutes, flipping it a couple of times during cooking.
- Be sure to keep the thicker part over the hotter area of the fire and the thinner, tapered end over the cooler area. It should be rare to medium rare at this point. Transfer the steak to a clean wooden carving board to rest for 2 to 3 minutes. so the meat relaxes and the juices redistribute.
- To carve, cut very thin slices across the grain and on a 45-degree angle. Drizzle lightly with the Sesame-Soy Sauce, if you like.
Click here to buy Chinese Five Spice and other herbs and spices
Source: fine Cooking
Photo Credit to: fine Cooking