Kung Pao Tofu with Chinese Five Spice
Boost your weight-reduction plan with a delectably Chinese inspired Kung Pao Tofu with Chinese Five Spice on your diet list. Dig in to this healthy diet!
- 1 14-ounce package extra-firm water-packed tofu, rinsed
- ½ teaspoon Chinese Five Spice, divided
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- ½ cup water
- 3 tablespoons oyster-flavored or oyster sauce,
- ½ teaspoon cornstarch
- 12 ounces broccoli crowns, trimmed and cut into bite-size pieces (4 cups)
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into ½-inch dice
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into ½-inch dice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons unsalted roasted peanuts
- 2 teaspoons hot sesame oil, (optional)
- Pat tofu dry and cut into ½-inch cubes. Combine with ¼ teaspoon Chinese Five Spice powder in a medium bowl.
- Heat canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add tofu and cook, stirring every 1 to 2 minutes, until golden brown, 7 to 9 minutes total. Transfer to a plate.
- Meanwhile, whisk water, oyster sauce, cornstarch and the remaining ¼ teaspoon five-spice powder in a small bowl. Add broccoli, yellow and red bell pepper to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until beginning to soften, about 4 minutes. Add ginger and garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Reduce heat to low, add the oyster sauce mixture and cook, stirring, until thickened, about 30 seconds. Return the tofu to the pan along with peanuts and stir to coat with sauce; stir in hot sesame oil (if using).
Click here to buy Chinese Five Spice and other herbs and spices
Source: Eating Well
Photo Credit to: Eating Well
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.