Don't have time to cook? This Slow Cooker Chinese Five Spice Pork Recipe is perfect. Just put all the ingredients together, slow cook, and you're done!
Prep time: 15 min Cook time: 6 hours Ready in: 6 hours 15 min Yields: Six 1 cup servings
- 2 - 3 pounds pork shoulder or butt
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp Chinese five spice seasoning
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 3 tbs ketchup
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- Place the pork in the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all of the remaining ingredients until smooth.
- Pour sauce over pork. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours. I usually check the pork after about 6 hours. If I can shred it easily, then it's done.
- Pull the pork out and place on a large cutting board or plate. Use two forks to shred the meat. Place the shredded meat back in the slow cooker and mix with the sauce.
- Serve warm.
Click here to buy Chinese Five Spice and other herbs and spices
Photo Credit to: Delishably