Szechuan Guacamole with Chinese Five Spice
Paleo appetizers are now trending just like this Szechuan Guacamole with Chinese Five Spice recipe. It's so healthy and flavorful you'll wish to have it in your every meal.
- 1 large ripe avocado, pitted and peeled
- 1 clove garlic, minced or pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon Chinese Five-Spice powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon Oriental chili paste
- 1/2 teaspoon paleo oil [like macadamia]
- 1 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons diced tomato or red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- Place peeled avocado on a rimmed plate with garlic, ginger,Chinese five-spice powder, chili paste, sesame oil, lemon juice, and cilantro.
- Coarsely mash avocado with a fork or potato masher, incorporating seasonings. Add salt to taste. Stir in the tomato and chopped red onion. Yields about 1 cup.
Click here to buy Chinese Five Spice and other herbs and spices
Source: Paleo Food
Photo Credit to: Wikipedia
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.