Vegetarian Five Spice Tofu Stir-Fry
Ditch Chinese foods take out and have this Vegetarian Five Spice Tofu Stir-Fry recipe instead. You'll love this one, guaranteed!
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar, packed
- 1 medium tofu, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Chinese five-spice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced thinly
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 1 head bok choy, chopped (around 1 pound)
- 8 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and halved
- In bowl, whisk together broth, oyster sauce, cornstarch, soy sauce, sugar and 1/2 cup water. Set aside.
- Cut tofu into 1-inch cubes, toss with 5 spice powder. In wok or skillet, heat half of the oil over medium high. Stir-fry tofu for 4 minutes (or until golden). Transfer to paper towel lined plate.
- Heat remaining oil over medium high heat, stir-fry garlic and hot pepper flakes for 30 seconds.
- Add bok choy and mushrooms, stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Stir in tofu and broth mixture, bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until thickened and vegetables are softened (around three minutes). Serve over rice.
Click here to buy Chinese Five Spice and other herbs and spices
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.