Mediterranean Inspired Avocado Toast with Dukkah
This Mediterranean Inspired Avocado Toast with Dukkah will definitely melt some hearts. It's simply pretty, refreshing, nutritious and oh boy, so delicious!
- 2 pieces crusty whole grain bread
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil (reserve 1-2 tablespoon of the oil)
- 2 tablespoons kalamata olives, roughly chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted + sliced
- salt + pepper, to taste
- juice + zest from 1/2 lemon
- 1-2 poached or fried eggs
- feta cheese, crumbled
- large handful of micro greens + fresh herbs, for topping
- Preheat the broiler to high. Rub you pieces of toast with the reserved olive oil in the sun-dried tomato jar and sprinkle lightly with salt. Place on a baking sheet and put under the broiler. Broil 30 seconds - 1 minute, watching closely as the toast can burn FAST. Once toasted, remove from the oven and top with sliced sun-dried tomatoes, olives and slices of avocado.
- Drizzle the avocado with lemon and then sprinkle with the dukkah and a little salt if needed. Add your eggs and sprinkle with salt, pepper and crushed red pepper flakes for heat (if desired) . Add some feta and micro greens. EAT...possibly with more dukkah as you go!
Click here to buy Dukkah and other herbs and spices
Source: Half Baked Harvest
Photo Credit to: Half Baked Harvest
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.