Madhur Jaffrey's Fenugreek Chicken
Indian dishes are known for spices but it's not always that complicated. This Madhur Jaffrey's Fenugreek Chicken recipe is so easy peasy and delicious that your friends will definitely rave about it!
Prep time:20 mins | Cooking time:45 mins | Total time:1 hr 5 mins | Yield: 4 - 6 servings
- 4 tbsp olive or sunflower oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1tsp finely grated or crushed garlic
- 1tsp peeled, finely grated root ginger
- 700g boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 2.5cm chunks
- 4tbsp canned plum tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 3 hot green chillies, finely chopped
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 ½ tbsp fenugreek leaves
- Set a 25cm pan over a medium heat. Add the oil and, when it’s hot, tip in the onion.
- Fry for 10 mins, or until it is light brown, then add the garlic and ginger. Fry for 2 mins.
- Add the chicken and brown for 2 mins. Put in the tomatoes and green chillies. Stir for 2 mins, then add the turmeric and ½ tsp of salt.
- Mix well for 5 mins before adding the chilli powder and garam masala. Stir and crumble in the fenugreek leaves.
- Mix in 360ml of hot water, or enough just to cover the chicken, and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook over a low heat for 20 mins, then serve.
Click here to buy Fenugreek leaves and other herbs and spices
Source: Good to Know
Photo Credit to: Good to Know
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.