Homemade "Magic" Chocolate Sauce with Garam Masala and Ginger
Do you ever miss the feeling of being a kid again and just wanna treat yourself to a a rich vanilla ice cream with the luscious chocolate sauce that suddenly hardens like the magic shell? Try the Homemade "Magic" Chocolate Sauce with Garam Masala and Ginger - a perfectly quick and easy recipe for the chocolate sauce with a hint of the flavorful garam masala - and see for yourself what death-by-chocolate means!
- 8 ounces quality dark chocolate, coarsely chopped (Do not use chocolate chips)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Coarse sea salt for sprinkling, optional
- Fill a small saucepan a third of the way with water. Bring the water to a boil, then reduce to a low simmer. Place a glass bowl over the top of the saucepan, to create a double boiler, make sure the water does not touch the bottom of the bowl.
- Add the chocolate, coconut oil and a pinch of salt. Stir until the chocolate has melted and mixture is smooth and silky.
- Off the heat, add the ginger and garam masala. Stir until well combined. Allow to cool slightly and then ladle a little over a scoop of ice cream. Sprinkle lightly with coarse sea salt, if using and ginger. Wait about 30 seconds for the chocolate to harden and then enjoy!
*Cook's Note: If you don't have coarse sea salt, kosher salt will also work.
Click here to buy Garam Masala Spice, and other herbs and spices
Source: Food Network
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.