Samosa with Garam Masala Spice
Curious for a fine, exquisite tasting snack from India? Experience a wonderful combination of flavors in this Samosa with Garam Masala Spice recipe. It might take time to prepare but it's definitely worth every bite.
3 cups maida
- 4 big size potato(boiled)
- 3 tbsp peas
- 1/2 tsp jeera (cumin seeds)
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 inch grated ginger
- 1 green chilli chopped finely
- 3/4 cup oil for deep frying
- few coriander leaves finely chopped
- salt according to taste
Sieve maida in a bowl. Add salt and oil and mix well.
- Kneed a semi hard dough by adding water little at a time.
- Cover it with a moist cloth and leave it for about 30 mins.
- Mash the boiled potatoes roughly with your hands
- Heat oil in a frying pan. When hot add cumin seeds.
- Add grated ginger and chopped green chilli.
- Add coriander powder, red chili powder and stir it.
- Add the mash potatoes, peas and salt and mix well
- Stir it for about a min and then add garam masala, lemon juice and coriander leaves. Mix it and switch off the gas stove.
- To make the samosas, take the dough and knead it well once again.
- Make 8 equal size balls out of it.
- Take one ball and roll it like a chapati of 8 to 10 inches.
- Cut it into 2 equal half with a knife. Fold one half into a cone shape and stick the ends with water.
- Fill the cone with the stuffing and make sure to fill the tip of a cone with a pea or little potato so that it forms a good shape.
- Wet the circumference of the cone with the water. Using your fingertips stick it together and make a pleat in the center to form the back bone of samosa. Now fold it to form a triangle.
- Repeat the process for rest of the dough.
- Heat oil in a frying pan for frying the samosa. Fry all the samosa on the medium heat . Drop in the samosa gently into the oil and fry both the sides until golden brown.
Serve it with hot tea or as an evening snack.
Click here to buy Garam Masala Spice, and other herbs and spices
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.