Garam Masala Spiced Potato and Cauliflower Samosas with Two Chutneys
You can definitely make your own and enjoy this Garam Masala Spiced Potato and Cauliflower Samosas with Two Chutneys recipe which is best shared with family and friends. Delish!
- 1 cup coarsely chopped peeled russet potato
- 3/4 cup cauliflower florets
- 2 tsp. canola oil
- 1/2 tsp. brown mustard seeds
- 3/4 tsp. turmeric
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp. Garam Masala
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. chopped cilantro
- 1 package (14 oz.) refrigerated pie dough for 2 crusts
- 2 cups packed fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 medium jalapeño chile, seeded
- 3 tbsp. coarsely chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp. each sugar and kosher salt
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 cup tamarind chutney
- Make samosas: Simmer potato and cauliflower in water to cover until just tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and chop.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add mustard seeds, cover, and cook until they pop, 30 to 60 seconds. Stir in turmeric and cayenne and cook just until sizzling. Add onion, garlic, and ginger and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in garam masala, salt, lemon juice, and potato mixture. Stir in cilantro.
- Preheat oven to 425°. Lay pastry flat on a work surface and cut each round into 8 pie-shaped wedges. Mound about 1 1/2 tbsp. potato filling on center of each wedge. To shape each samosa, brush edges of a pastry wedge with water, then pull up points to meet in center. Pinch points and edges to seal, neatening points. Transfer samosas to a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake samosas until golden, 18 to 20 minutes. Meanwhile, make mint chutney: Whirl mint, chile, onion, sugar, salt, lemon juice, and 3 tbsp. water in a blender until smooth. Pour into a small bowl. Spoon tamarind chutney into another bowl. Serve samosas hot with chutneys.
Click here to buy Garam Masala Spice, and other herbs and spices
Photo Credit to: Sunset
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.