Butter Chicken with Garam Masala
Start your day right with this flavorful Butter Chicken with Garam Masala. You can now enjoy both the creamy goodness and the kick that makes ordinary dishes special!
- 2 x 2 tbsp of pastured, grass-fed butter (We always end-up using more since we know it’s so good for our health)
- About 1 kg chicken cut into chunks
- 2 tsp Garam Masala spice
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 tsp chili powder (adjust to taste)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 6 bruised cardamon pods
- 1 can of tomato puree (you can easily puree your own tomatoes if they are meaty enough)
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Heat a pan, add the first 2 tbsp of butter and stir-fry the chicken chunks. You can cook them in 2 batches if your pan is too small.
- Remove the chicken from the pan.
- Put the second 2 tbsp of butter and slowly heat the spices for a minute or two until you can smell the aroma.
- Put the chicken back in the pan and stir so you mix in all the spices with the chicken.
- At this point, add the tomatoes and simmer for about 15 minutes. Stir from time to time.
- Add the coconut milk and lemon juice and let it simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Enjoy without guilt! Garnish with fresh herbs and a stick of cinnamon for extra fanciness points.
Click here to buy Garam Masala and other herbs and spices
Photo Credit to: Paleoleap
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.