Chana Masala (Savory Indian Chick Peas) with Garam Masala Spice
Spoil your taste buds with the savory goodness of this Chana Masala (Savory Indian Chick Peas) with Garam Masala Spice recipe. It tastes so great that you'll want to share it with your special someone!
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 (1 inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped, or more to taste
- 1 green chile pepper, seeded and chopped (optional)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 bay leaves, or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon Garam Masala spice
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 pinch salt to taste
- water as needed
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas
- 1 teaspoon fresh cilantro leaves, for garnish, or more to taste
- Grind onion, tomato, ginger, garlic, and chile pepper together in a food processor into a paste.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Fry bay leaves in hot oil until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Pour the paste into the skillet and cook until the oil begins to separate from the mixture and is golden brown in color, 2 to 3 minutes. Season the mixture with chili powder, coriander, powder, gram masala, turmeric, and salt; cook and stir until very hot, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir enough water into the mixture to get a thick gravy; bring to a boil and stir chickpeas into the gravy. Reduce heat to medium and cook until the chickpeas are heated through, 5 to 7 minutes. Garnish with cilantro.
Click here to buy Garam Masala and other herbs and spices
Photo Credit to: Avon- status quo PRO
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.