Enjoy a delicious stew of hearty goodness in this Indian Paleo Stew with Chicken and Garam Masala Spice recipe. The wonderful blend of flavors is just magic!
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger, finely grated
- 1 tbsp Garam Masala spice
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 cup tomato puree
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 2-3 small sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- Heat two tablespoons of olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Generously season the chicken with salt and pepper and place into the pan. Brown on each side for 4-5 minutes. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- In the same pan, heat the remaining tablespoon of oil and add the onion, garlic, and ginger. Sauté for 6-8 minutes until soft. Add a tablespoon of the tomato puree, along with the garam masala, cumin, coriander, and cayenne. Stir to combine, cooking for an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Add the chicken, chicken broth, and remaining tomato puree to the pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 1 1/2 hours. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove the chicken to a plate and cut or pull into shredded pieces. Return to the pot and add the sweet potatoes. Continue to simmer for another 35-45 minutes, until the sauce is thick and the potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally. During the last five minutes, stir in the coconut milk. Serve warm.
Click here to buy Garam Masala and other herbs and spices
Photo Credit to: Paleogrubs