Pan Seared Tuna with Garam Masala and an Asian Style Coleslaw
Prepare a mouth-watering dish that your loved one will surely love in this Pan Seared Tuna with Garam Masala and an Asian Style Coleslaw. It's truly a delight!
- 2 x 200g tuna steaks
- 1 teaspoon Garam Masala spice
- 1 teaspoon Curry Guy spicy salt or flaky sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- ½ small head of savoy cabbage - shredded
- 1 large hand full of fresh rocket
- 4 spring onions - roughly chopped
- 1 carrot - grated
- 1 small bunch of fresh coriander -
- 2 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 2 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon finely grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 handful of broken Indian vermicelli
- Bring the tuna steaks to room temperature. This should be done in about 30 minutes and not longer.
- Make the coleslaw first.
- Spoon one tablespoon of the sesame oil into a bowl along with the soy sauce, merin, rice vinegar, ginger, garlic and honey.
- Whisk it all up to combine and set aside.
- In a large salad bowl, mix the shredded cabbage, carrot, green onions and rocket.
- Just before serving, mix the dressing with the vegetables and top with the sesame seeds and Indian vermicelli.
- Now rub the garam masala, salt and black pepper into the flesh of the tuna steaks.
- Heat one tablespoon of the sesame oil in a large frying pan over high heat.
- When very hot, sear each side of the tuna steaks for about a minute. The inside should still be rare.
- Cut the pan seared tuna steaks into bite sized squares.
- Place a mound of the coleslaw on two plates and top with the tuna cubes. Serve immediately.
Click here to buy Garam Masala and other herbs and spices
Photo Credit to: Greatcurryrecipes
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.