Quick and Healthy Spicy Moroccan Meatballs with Harissa Spice
Have a taste of the Moroccan cuisine with this Quick and Healthy Spicy Moroccan meatballs with Harissa spice and feel the flavors of Chili, Hungarian Paprika, Coriander, Cumin, Garlic, and Other Spices burst in every bite.
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 large onion
- 2 cloves garlic peeled
- 3 cm piece of ginger peeled
- 500g lean beef mince
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 500ml passata or tinned tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Harissa
- 1 date finely chopped (stoned removed and discarded)
- Salt and pepper
- Rice/couscous to serve
- Optional: 2 spring onions finely chopped and handful of coriander to serve.
- Put cumin, cinnamon, paprika into a pan with no oil and dry dry until you smell the spices and set aside
- Put onion, garlic, ginger into food processor with spices and blitz. Add beef blitz quickly until just combined.
- Roll in 10 equal sized balls. Pan fry in a little oil until browned. Then add tomato passata, Harissa and the date along with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 15 minutes or until piping hot. Meanwhile cook rice/couscous and serve.
Click here to buy Harissa Spice, and other herbs and spices
Source: Lorraine Pascale
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.