Coconut Harissa Curry Braised Chicken
Try the paleo recipe Coconut Harissa Curry Braised Chicken from Table for Two. Taste the awesome combination of Harissa, Curry, and Coconut Milk. This is definitely mouth-watering!
Serves 2 - 3 persons
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- Olive oil Salt and pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 cups diced yellow onions
- 1 1/4 cup diced butternut squash
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 2/3 cup harissa
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 2 cups kale leaves
- In a large heavy-bottom pot (such as a Dutch-oven), drizzle olive oil to the bottom of the pot and put it over high heat.
- Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper on both sides and add to the hot oil, skin-side down. You'll want to just brown the outside of the chicken, about 2 minutes each side. Remove from pan and place on a plate and set aside.
- Turn heat down to medium-high and add garlic and onions. Cook until fragrant and translucent, about 3-4 minutes.
- Next, add the butternut squash and carrots. Cook until halfway cooked through, about 7-8 minutes. Add the harissa, curry powder, coconut milk, and more salt and pepper (to taste). Stir to incorporate. Add the chicken back in, bring mixture to a boil, then lower the heat to a simmer. Cook until chicken has fully cooked through, about 15 minutes, or longer depending on how thick your chicken thighs are.
- At the very end, stir in the kale leaves. If your mixture seems too thick, you can thin it out with chicken broth.
Click here to buy Harissa Spice, and other herbs and spices
Source: Table for Two
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.