Couscous with Harissa Beef
Make your winter Christmas warmer in this Couscous with Harissa Beef on your Christmas table! Fiery yet enjoyable that you and your loved ones can't resist.
- 600g beef fillet, rolled and tied
- 1 tablespoon Harissa Spice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 300g couscous
- 1 red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 600g asparagus or green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Coat the beef fillet with the harissa. Heat the olive oil in an ovenproof, nonstick frypan over high heat. Sear the beef fillet for 2-3 minutes on each side until browned. Transfer to the oven and cook the beef fillet for 20 minutes for medium rare, or to your liking. Carefully remove the beef from the oven, cover with foil and rest for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a heatproof bowl, toss the couscous, red onion, extra virgin olive oil, cinnamon, cumin, ground coriander, salt and pepper. Pour 2 cups (500ml) boiling water over the couscous mixture, and place in the switched-off oven for 10 minutes.
- Cook the asparagus in a pan of simmering salted water for 5 minutes, then drain.
- Divide the couscous among serving plates, place the asparagus on top and scatter with chopped coriander. Slice the beef thickly and arrange on top.
Click here to buy Harissa and other herbs and spices
Photo Credit to: Petrina Tinslay
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.