Got friends coming over at your place and got some bag of shrimps? Serve them with this super easy Gluten-Free Harissa Skillet Shrimp with Spinach and Chickpeas. Everyone will definitely love this!
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 2 tbsp Harissa
- 1 lb uncooked large shrimp, peeled, deveined, tail shells removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 2 cans (15 oz each) chick peas or garbanzo beans, drained, rinsed
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 5 oz baby spinach leaves (about 3 cups)
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- In medium bowl, mix cumin, turmeric, and red pepper. Add shrimp; toss to coat. Place large plate and sheet of foil near stove.
- Heat 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add olive oil; swirl pan to coat. Add spice-coated shrimp; brown outsides 1 to 2 minutes, then turn and brown 1 to 2 minutes on other sides. Transfer shrimp to plate; cover with foil, and set aside.
- Add shallots to skillet; cook 1 to 2 minutes or until softened. Add chick peas; toss to coat. Add harissa; toss to coat. Add chicken broth; cook 1 to 2 minutes or until simmering. Add spinach; stir to wilt.
- Return shrimp to skillet; cook 1 to 2 minutes longer or until shrimp is pink. Turn off heat; stir in lemon juice. Transfer to plates; top with cilantro. Serve immediately.
Click here to buy Harissa Spice and other herbs and spices
Source: Betty Crocker
Photo Credit to: Betty Crocker